Grading Made Easy! (See DickandJanes.com/CGC & Review FAQs)
We are here to assist you with having your sports cards professionally graded by Certified Guaranty Company (CGC Trading Cards) … A member of the world’s leader in grading collectibles merchandise!
ALL-INCLUSIVE PRICING – Includes card prep, prescreening and $500 total insurance coverage (both ways). No Hidden fees. Transparency. Clear Communication. That’s the Dick & Jane’s Guarantee. (Effective 8/1/22*)
** MOST POPULAR ** STANDARD SERVICE (Estimated 15 Days) – For cards up to $1000
- $37– 10 to 49 per Card(s) 1 to 9 cards add $5/card++
- $35 – 50+ per Card (++may ship with next combined order++)
** BEST VALUE ** BULK SERVICE (Estimated 50 Days) – For cards up to $250
- $20– 10 to 49++ per Card(s) (will ship with next combined bulk order)
- $15 – 50+ per Card ++ 1 to 9 cards add $5/card
ECOMONY SERVICE (Estimated 25 Days) – For cards up to $500
- $27– 10 to 49 per Card(s) 1 to 9 cards add $5/card++
- $25 – 50+ per Card (++may ship with next combined order++)
EXPRESS SERVICE (7 Days) – For cards up to $10,000
- $75– 10 to 49 per Card(s) 1 to 9 cards add $5/card++
- $70 – 50+ per Card (++may ship with next combined order++)
WalkThrough (Estimated 3 Days) – $150 per card (5 Card minimum ++)
****** OPTIONAL SERVICES (Applies to all service levels)
- Subgrades: $15 per card – additional 5 days turnaround
- Error: $5 per card – Required for any card with a printing error
OPTIONAL SERVICES (Applies to all service levels)
- Autograph & Thick Cards – CSG Posted Rate
- Quick Submit: $2 per card – submit with no spreadsheet
- Split Level Submissions: $5 per level
- Quick Card Review – FREE
- Card Prep (Semi Rigid+) $2/Card & CARD CLEANING $5/Card
- Split S&H Fees may be added for smaller submissions
- Other services are available, please ask for pricing
Turnaround times are estimates and are NOT GUARANTEED! Contact us for more information email@example.com or call 904.725.2316
*Pricing is subject to change based on CGC updates. Dick & Jane’s covers most shipping/insurance*** to and from our location and CGC handling and service fees. Other fees, extra insurance*** or shipping expenses may apply to larger valued orders or if reshipping to your location is required.
*** Insurance Required by CGC ($1 per $100/total value/each way above $500 ***
*Pricing is subject to change based on CGC updates. Dick & Jane’s covers most shipping/insurance to and from our location and CCG handling and service fees. Other fees, extra insurance or shipping expenses may apply to larger valued orders, but this is rare.
If you ship directly to us, please follow PSA / CGS guidance and recommendation for packaging and please include your contact information with your shipment.
To create an document . inventory list, you may use a simple spreadsheet we have included. Please download this file and send to us.
VERY IMPORTANT – Please fill out the portion at the top to include your name, email, shipping address, phone, and indicate whether you want us to send all cards for grading or to pre-screen.
Email your completed spreadsheet back to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include a hard copy with your cards. We CANNOT send your cards without an itemized list. Please don’t hesitate to ask us any questions you may have.
*Pricing is subject to change based on CGC updates. Dick & Jane’s service cover shipping/insurance to and from our location and CGC handling and service fees. Other fees, extra insurance or shipping expenses may apply to larger value orders.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. When do I have to pay my grading fees?
You don’t have to pay for your grading until CGC processes and grades your cards. Once CGC posts your grades, we will request payment from you for your cards on that submission. We will ship your cards back once you have paid for the grading and (if requested) any additional insurance. NOTE: Depending on the value of the cards, payment maybe requested upfront.
2. What is your processing time between when you receive my cards and when you ship them to CGC?
We do our best to process your cards within 2 business days of arrival at our processing center. We ship to CGC once a week.
3. How quickly do you ship cards back to me once they’ve been returned by CGC?
We typically ship orders back to customers within 24 hours after receiving back from CGC.
4. Can I send in cards for different service levels and/or across different card levels?
Yes – this is one of many benefits of submitting with us. We do require a submission sheet for each level of service you are using.
5. Why do I have to list out all of my cards? Why can’t I just send you everything?
We have found over the past 20+ years of submitting with CGC that this documentation protects you (the customer) and us (your service partner). When we receive your cards we are able to quickly confirm receipt of all cards listed on your spreadsheet and contact you if any cards are missing from either the spreadsheet or the shipment.
6. How do I calculate the estimated value of each card on the spreadsheet?
We recommend that you use Beckett Book Value (BV) or eBay completed listings for your card in a similar condition. For modern cards, you can use the average sale price for raw cards. In rare occasions, CGC may charge an upcharge if your declared value is far less than the graded value.
7. What is a CGC upcharge?
THIS IS RARE! Please note that at times, CGC will “upcharge” a card on an order, if the grade received pushes the card into another value tier. Customers are responsible for these upcharges on the rare occasions that they occur, typically on cards that have graded a 10 and increased in value between the time they were submitted and graded. We pass the cost of these charges directly to you in your invoice.
8. What is your process for pre-screening and does it cost extra?
We prescreen at no charge upon your request. We do not guarantee any grades, we simply judge your cards using the same standards we use for our own cards to try and eliminate any that are not (in our opinion) worthy of grading at the time of submission.
9. What do you do with my cards that are screened out and not submitted to CGC?
In general, we will return those cards back to you at no additional cost. If the number of cards or the value of the cards requires significant insurance, we will contact you to discuss any additional payment required on a case-by-case basis.
Wondering how to prepare, pack, and ship us your cards?
Follow the simple instructions below, or, for more information, check
- Sleeve your cards in penny sleeves and semi rigids or toploads (please do not use tape or tabs on the sleeves)
- Pack your cards securely to protect them from shifting in transit
- Print your inventory form and include in your shipment
- Use insured, trackable shipping via USPS, FedEx, or UPS
- Ship to ….
Dick & Jane’s
1833 Dean Rd
Jacksonville, FL 32216